If your blogs are not hidden or password-protected, then they appear to all on Tumblr. Want to make your Tumblr blogs private? Depending on the type of blog, you can make them private in different ways. You can password protect the secondary blogs on Tumblr, but not primary. If you want to secure the primary blogs, then you can just hide them from the search results. Here is how to hide and protect your blogs on Tumblr.
How to protect your Secondary Blogs on Tumblr
Tumblr allows its users to password-protect their secondary blogs. If you want your blog to be viewed only by the people you want, then password protecting it the best way. The password-protected blogs can’t be opened without its password. It means no one can see the content without knowing the password associated with that blog. The blogs having passwords won’t appear in anyone’s dashboard, thus they can’t be followed and can’t be reblogged or liked. However, you can add members and customize theme just like standard secondary blogs. Here is how to protect your Blogs on Tumblr.
1. Open any browser on a Mac, PC, Android, iPhone, or iPad. You can use any device and browser to password protects the secondary blogs on Tumblr.
2. Visit ‘tumblr.com’.
3. Provide your Tumblr account information to access your account and blogs.
4. After opening your Tumblr account, click on the ‘Person’ icon near the top right corner of the browser window.
5. Now, click on ‘Settings’ under the opened menu. The settings menu will open with the blogs you have created on Tumblr.
6. Look for the blogs you want to protect in the right-side panel and select it.
7. Now, find the password protect this blog option and check the box of it. To set up a password for a blog, you have to enable this option.
8. Then, enter the password for the blog. This is the password that requires to access the blog’s content.
9. Click on the ‘Save’ option or press the ‘Enter’ button.
The secondary blog you’ve selected is now password protected. Now, when anyone finds or visits your blog, they will be asked for the password to open and see the content. Only the people who know the password can access it.
Note: The admins of the blog can remove or change the password protection anytime.
How to hide your primary blogs on Tumblr
You can’t set the password on your primary blogs or protect their content completely. But, you can hide primary blogs from the people not signed in into Tumblr as well as from appearing in the search results. Here is how to hide and protect your blog on Tumblr.
1. Visit ‘tumblr.com’ with any device and browser.
2. Now, provide your Tumblr account information to access your account and blogs.
3. After opening your Tumblr account, click on the ‘Person’ icon near the top right corner of the browser window.
4. Go to ‘Settings’ from the opened menu.
5. Under Blogs, look for the primary blog you want to hide. You can easily find the primary blogs by seeing a star next to their name.
6. Enable the ‘Hide [Blog title].tumblr.com’ option on the opened screen. Doing so hides your primary blog from people not using Tumblr. You can also see what it will do with the blog below this option.
7. Next, enable the ‘Hide [Blog title] from search results’ option on the same screen. This will prevent the blog from appearing in the search results.
8. You may also see a confirmation message after enabling each option.
9. You can now close the Tumblr settings.
Your selected blog is now hidden and protected on Tumblr. If you want to make more blogs private, then do the same with them also.
Sam John is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for McAfee security products at www.mcafee.com/activate.